LYC 0.16% $6.29 lynas rare earths limited

flatline, page-11

1. 521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11

I have been trying to get my head around all the different emotions and strategies at play with this particular company.

My first thought is, "Would any sane person play chess (for money) against a computer that has been programmed by the best chess players in the world?"

Probably not?...Well, in my opinion, the guys who have set up and profit by HFT are way ahead of the world's best chess experts and, no, we can't win against their day-to-day strategies.

My second thought was to imagine a whole bunch of people standing on the seashore watching the water.

Some of us (the longs) are betting the tide has turned and eventually the water is going to flow right up the beach and NOBODY can stop it.

Another bunch of people are simply betting on the height of the next wave. (Some of them might even arrange a speedboat to go past and artificially make ther own waves.

The mistake for the people waiting for the tide to come in,
    is to think the people betting on the wave-heights ultimately have some sort of control over the tide.

My belief is to simply ignore the day-to-day fluctuations and concentrate on the longer term.

(I bought quite a few more shares today but well understand those who have another opinion)

Cheers,
    Blackpete

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.29
Change
-0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.879B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.34 $6.37 $6.29 $15.63M 2.473M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1079 $6.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.31 10515 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.