AVL 6.67% 1.6¢ australian vanadium limited

Flatlining

1. 970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    Don't let the title fool you. I often look to technical analysis to help me gain some sort of impression of where a stock is heading. I much prefer fundamentalist analysis to technical but see some merit in keeping an open mind. So Flat lining is a thing go figure its not bad.

What Does It Mean When a Stock’s Price Flatlines?

Supply and demand determine the movement in a stock price. Prices jump when demand increases. Conversely, low demand can cause the price to drop significantly. But when the price of a stock doesn't move at all—that is, when it flatlines—it indicates very thin trading activity. As such, there isn't enough buy-and-sell activity to cause movement in the price. Stocks whose prices flatline move sideways so the range is fairly stable and there are no distinct price patterns that emerge.

I am not a large holder but for the past 3+ months there has only been about a dozen days where trading has exceeded my holding. But the chart also shows me that the 20 day SMA crossed the 50 day about last Friday and the 100 day SMA is sitting @ .017 and the 200 Day SMA is on .021.
    Everything I read about Flatlining is it is not a time to make decisions No $h^t Sherlock Looking at individual trades I cant help think that there is a lot of churning over the last few months. It is certainly not a time for putting in a draw and forgetting this is an exciting time. There are now serious politicians talking about Vanadium and the feeling I get is every time there is another close @ .016/.017/.018 it is just another turn of the key tightening the spring.
    Of course this is just an opinion the alternative could be to invest your money in uranium to supply all the small nuclear reactors that are going to spring up.
    BTW I used to wear a t-shirt when I played footy (Aussie Rules) against Mary Kathleen that read MKU we bake a very good cake. My money will not be going into that place.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.001(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $137.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ $37.63K 2.461M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2501482 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 13992545 39
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.