Flee from idolatry, page-312

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "Often I will just take the Greek word it's self and search for it's definition on the net, away from the likes of Strong's or any Bible referencing etc, but you do have to go deep into the net at times to get the correct interpretation."

I understand the sincere efforts you make to try and double check your interpretations and arrive at the truth.

However, so far you fail to appreciate that a word from the Koine Greek NT CANNOT be specifically defined or properly understood outside the context of the passages it is in. Otherwise all you have is a generic meaning for the word.
    Sometimes this is close enough but more often and particularly with verbs, it is just not possible.

Greek is not like English.
    BTW this includes word order.

For example John 1:1 uses "was" because the translators have determined that is the correct parsing of the root which is basically "am" or exist". In another passage it might be translated as "I exist" but not this one.

What do you think this means ?
    Don't just dismiss it.

"The use of the word “root“ should make the point obvious that this Greek dictionary was never meant to be a specific dictionary concerning precise words and their exact meaning, which is determined within the passage wherein the parsing of the exact word and is noted because of the diverse spelling concerning the use of an affix (Circumfix, Duplifix, Infix, Interfix, Transfix, Simulfix, Suprafix, Disfix) like a prefix (also called a “preformative" and suffix, which is NOT used in a root dictionary and AND therefore the grammatical breakdown of the verbs into their delineation, as well as the case forms, of which there are five; nominative, vocative, accusative, genitive, or dative; are absent.

If a concordance was assembled, which listed all the variances of all the words to their exact meaning within just the Greek New Testament, it would be hundreds of thousands of pages long because of the diversity of words from their original root meaning to the specific meaning of that word with in a specific passage. "

"Now you raise the word matter and suggest what I say is crazy."

I didn't suggest or say the subject was crazy but a growing fixation of yours ... which clearly it is.
    However since you have used the word crazy I can't disagree with you !

You keep repeating the same lengthy attempts to justify your view but it doesn't help anyone else except to confirm their view/suspicion that you are word mad.

Please post a photo of the laptop that now does your roofing work and all the other things you do when not stuck in your head imagining everything is "words".

Really wotsup why not back off, ease up and get out some more or it will surely not be long before HC is deprived of your contribution again.
    Hopefully not permanently.
    Last edited by Copperbod: 27/04/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.