Flee from idolatry, page-316

1. 23,148 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "An unbiased person would say that they translate it like that because that is what the author(s) of John intended."

OK then smarty pants, how could they possibly know what the author intended?

The most likely is as I have shown.
    Mal 3:1 - Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith Yehowah of hosts.

In beginning I am the Word and the Word I am to the God and God I am the Word.
    All things through Self came into being...................... and God said..........
    In Self life was.......................

Hence, God introduces himself for around the first 17 verses of John, the writer of John is well aware of Mal and Isa's match up, inspired or instructed by God on how to write, present the Book of John = Simple's.
    Don't forget the must of the Book of John, you need to know the Father to know the Son etc.

Why on earth would you want to use "was" and un-personalize the passage, meaning and intention of the writer.
    It is clear, God is and was word in the verse.
    It is also clear in 1:14, that Word/Human was going to do something and Not the word become human.

No wonder Rev 19:12 says no one knows Jesus's name -> the Word of God in 13.
    What it's telling the clowns is, Jesus IS being referred to as a Word of God.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
    And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

All related the Word, words, the entire Bible, God, Jesus, Us etc, like or lump it.
    White and clean = no filthy lies.
    ----------------------
    As for my bolded comment at the end of my post, Don't play dumb, it was nothing but gutter trash from you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.