Flood, page-13

1. 6,599 Posts.
    The ratio of length to width given for the Ark is about the same ratios used on all modern cruise ships. So the Ark would have no more stability than any cruise ship.

However, it was a wooden boat and no timer existed in that region that could be used to build a boat of such dimensions.

Secondly, the amount of ballasted needed to stabalise such a boat would have half filled the Ark with rocks.

Thirdly, no wooden boat that size and style of construction could support its own weight without breaking up.

Fourthly, the greaters wooden ship builders of today said with the best timbers and crew to build such a boat it would take so long that one end would rot before they got to the other end to finish it.

Then of course you have the many, many tons of food just for the elephants and what exactly were the thousands of carnivores eating on the Ark and what exactly did they eat when they got off the Ark and how did the koala and the platypus swim all the way back to Australia.

Forgive me but I see a couple of minor points to clear up before I'm buying into this story.

What if the Ark was a Covenant with G.d that could protect one from self and passion and what if the 40 days of rain was 40 years of Revelation flooding the world with the Word of G.d?

I mean, wouldn't it be a crack up if the Bible turned out to be about the human spiritual condition and not an impossible story about big boats and saving animals two by two?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.