floods in brissie

1. jwt
    3,756 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 104
    Have had no power until now today but things have really changed. River up about 8 feet since last night and all roads out for me are closed. Got the cars to high ground this morning and have the boat ready to go if needed. Advised SES, who have just tethered a boat nearby that there is another handy if needed. As we speak water has reached my driveway. Across the road, fridges, suitcases and rubbish has already started flowing onto the road from submerged garages at lower levels of unit block. Idiots in cars keep going past barriers near me to find there is nowhere to go. There are cars everywhere died on the side of the road after trying to get through water.
    As we speak my mate has yelled to tell me the SES have just launched a boat into the street 100 yards from me; and in the middle of a bacon butty sandwich. The water must extend further than I think. There is a park in a side street next to me. ten min ago the play ground shade cloths had water to the underside. On the river have lost track of the number of pontoons and boats flowing past; forget the rubbish. The ferry ternimals are nearly gone. Some of the old Oxley restaurant has gone. Indroopilly golf club is mostly under; what will I do tomorrow? And to make matters worse, rushed to coles and woolies this morning to find both shut. Thank god for the bundy. Peaks still not here I fear and a repeat of '74 predicted. Great! the attendant at the nearby garage tells us the flood level was up to the drive canopy. I would post photos but the live tv content would tell a better story I'm sure. Cheers for now and good luck to all in Qld.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.