Floods in QLD - Oh the drama !!!, page-21

1. 87,385 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Whitlam for statesman and leader.

Hawke/Keating for leaders

Hawke I'd put in close to statesman - but, he didn't have that style.

Gough pretty much takes the prize for both in one man - his massive moves on the night of the election win - the mark of a true great.

then, things like bringing in the National sewerage scheme - even after 23 years of Liberals - all that time - we knew that polio was spreading and a risk because we didn't have enough sewerage among other things --

that's leading - and, that's statesman.

Howard had the potential - but, was a dismal failure - he did a couple of good things - but, he was the biggest waste I've seen - because he actually knew what Australia 'needed' - not wanted - 'needed' --------- but, he chose to do the exact opposite.

He was a rare bird - not many knew what we needed - but, he was a total fail - because he knew and walked purposefully away from it.

If he had not have walked away - I would put him at the top - rather than close to the bottom.

He was actually worse IMO than Morrison --------- Howard can never be forgiven - because he knew what had to be done - Morrison - hasn't got a clue - he can be forgiven because he's an ignorant goof. A mistake - one that the people of Oz should repair quickly.

I haven't seen a statesman for a long long long long time -- I've seen a lot of store dummies in business - who look the part - but, are a part free zone when the surface is scratched.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.