Floods why no Help, page-40

1. 82,586 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    that is true that National leaders etc take time away from emergency responders when they visit

it's always an issue -------------- but, there's a solid argument for leaders to visit ---------- to see the actual situation - even if it's out of the window of a chopper.

politically - they are doomed if they do or doomed if they don't ------------- imagine if Albanese had flown over the top on his way to PNG and hadn't stopped --------- you'd still be hearing the moron brigade on here raving

One thing about all of this leave business that I said back in the morrison fire days -------- was that I thought it wise for the nations leader to have a holiday well before the xmas period --------- because Oz has a habit of having disasters at xmas and that would mean the leader isn't on holidays ------ just off for xmas dinner etc.

the same can be easily said for other state leaders ---------- Queensland has form for it - so does NT - 74 comes to mind greatly.

xmas period is different for Oz ----- and to have a leader right at hand who can just cut the red tape - to me, is wise.

as to the current no help bit ------------ well, the misery is just getting started ------------ we have a trades shortage crisis - so - there is no one to fix things -

if they get dragged away from completing unfinished housing that's all over the country - then, those unfinished properties - will just sit again and be damaged by weather

this HAD to come --------- the writing has been on the wall for all to see --------------- the response on here to such thoughts has been

'you are a panic merchant, chicken little' --------------- easy to say for simpletons when you don't have a problem - but, when you do -

the chooks come home in the thousands ------- overnight

well, g'day chookies

Oz has a spectacular lack of vision and it is now on show for all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.