HDR hardman resources limited

re: flow rates - geos Let's go forward a step.What to do if...

1. 234 Posts.
    re: flow rates - geos Let's go forward a step.
    What to do if there is a takeover.

Top of my list - Don't Accept!!
    The earlier a takeover comes the worse it looks for existing holders. We give potential value to the offeror, by accepting.

What if the takeover will inevitably succeed? My worst nightmare, but how to handle it?

Accept a scrip offer before a cash offer. A scrip offer is one of shares in the company making the takeover, not cash. Sometimes it can be a combination of scrip and cash.

This will keep an interest in Mauritania in your portfolio, but more importantly for longterm holders, accepting a scrip offer means deferring any capital gains tax liability (for Australian taxpayers, anyway) until you decide to sell any shares in the company that has taken over your HDR holding.

If you accept a cash offer you're up for CGT in that financial year but that is not the case if you accept a scrip offer.

The tax consequences of a combination cash and scrip offer are a similar combination of tax and deferral.

But I'm not an accountant and I'm not giving tax advice.
    I'm pointing out some consequences of current tax rules .

The share price of a company making a takeover tends to go down as the market backs off to digest this acquisition. Is that a fair statement?

Fight any takeover - Don't Accept.

If enough of us banded together we might form a blocking stake of 10% ourselves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.