THK unknown

Not being a GEO I can understand flow rates are important...

1. 76 Posts.
    Not being a GEO I can understand flow rates are important however recent discussions with someone who has been to Oklahoma and seen "the wells" left me with the belief that in the American market what is important are RESERVES. Lookin at the Devon announcements ( as they seem to be rumured to be Tommohawk's secret partner in US - Refer West Australian Sat 17/12/05)). The lack of information in regard to flow rates is understandable when one considers they (Tommohawk, Metro + secret partner) are trying to determine reserves, not just pump as much as they can out of the ground to ramp the price. Devon Energy forecasts are at devonenergy.com and an extract of their 2006 forecastis as follows.

2006 Reserve Growth and Increased 2007 Production Expected

The company also expects to post strong reserve growth in 2006. Devon forecasts proved reserve additions of 410 million to 440 million Boe in the coming year. Devon's 2006 forecast of reserve additions represents a significant increase over the company's previous forecast. Drill-bit capital for 2006 is forecast at $4.5 billion to $4.7 billion. Company-wide 2006 production is forecasted to be between 215 million and 219 million Boe. This excludes about three million Boe suspended because of hurricane-related damage. The increase in drill-bit capital is a result of additional exploration and development opportunities coupled with industry-wide cost pressures.

"With the exception of the impact of hurricanes, our 2006 production forecast is largely in line with the long-range projections we provided in late 2004," added Richels. "Furthermore, our 2007 production forecast of 232 to 236 million Boe significantly exceeds the 225 million Boe forecast that we provided last year. Our strong reserve additions in 2004, 2005 and 2006 are leading to this expected production growth in 2007 and beyond."

Devons share price today was $US63.68 .

A whale like Devon does not get involved with minnows.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add THK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.