AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

I would expect that there should be an announcement later in the...

1. 63 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I would expect that there should be an announcement later in the week from the next two flow tests.

From Austin Exploration Website http://www.austinexploration.com.au/Weekly%20Updates.html

YouTube - Flow Test Wilkerson 2A (16/03/08) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KjLyXd8CD8

Wilkerson 2A was tested on Sunday 16/03/08. On the clip they stated that they would expect results for this test from the lab within 48 hours. The announcement was released today, which isn't bad considering the Easter long weekend.

At the end of the YouTube clip it was stated that the next two flow tests were to be completed on Wednesday (19/03/08?).

I would expect that the next two wells will be Malcolm & Melvin Doyle 2A -

"The Malcolm and Melvin Doyle 2A natural surface oil and gas flow has confirmed the commercial viability of this well as an oil and gas producer," Austin’s Managing Director, Mr. David Schuette, said.

“As expected, the gas flowed from two key target zones present in the Park City project area; the New Albany Shale and the Fort Payne Limestone formation and is also producing heavy crude oil from the Devonian Carbonate.

“The Malcolm and Melvin Doyle 2A well has a pressure that is higher than our previous forecast for a typical well in this field. The natural flow of oil to the surface is highly encouraging and one heck of a start for this project.”

The company plans to install separator equipment at the pump station; move the natural gas to the nearby pipeline and the crude oil to the nearby Somerset Refinery.

The log shows a 3.66 m Corniferous zone between 347.5 m -351.12 m, a 22.86 m New Albany Shale zone between 313.94 m -336.81 m and a 3.353 m Fort Payne Formation zone between 285.29 m -288.64 m. All three zones will produce hydrocarbons.

The log on the Malcolm and Melvin Doyle 2A well was performed by Norris Well Services of Kentucky and completed by the operator, Resource Energy Technologies, LLC, (RET) of Bardstown, Kentucky ..."

... and the Harlin Stice 1A well (commenced drilling on 25/02/08 and expected to take 10 days to complete. Not much more info on this well yet.

Given that they released the test results from Wilkinson 2A within five working days of the tests, I would expect something similar for the next two, which would place the announcement around Friday this week.

The results from the Malcolm and Melvin Doyle 2A well will be interesting.

Cheers:-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.