FLT 0.04% $23.01 flight centre travel group limited

FLT chart, page-285

1. 5,803 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 333
    Thats ok to have an online presence, but alot of people are thinking FLT is going to explode because competition has died off.
    Shifting online puts them in direct competition with a few other players. FLT's advantage was the face to face communication of in-store customer service.

I'm all for FLT's recovery, and see it eventually getting there. I just think the price action is way too hot for where we are in this pandemic.

How is Flight Centre’s profit going?

There wasn’t a profit in FY21. It made an underlying loss of $507 million, with almost $4 billion of total transaction value (TTV).

However, it did say that the recovery is gaining momentum, particularly in the corporate sector and in the US. In its FY21 result, it said that it was seeing month-on-month sales revenue growth despite lockdown and heavy restrictions, ending with a COVID-period record in June 2021.

By the year end, corporate TTV was tracking at 40% of pre-COVID levels globally.

Flight Centre is targeting a return to monthly profitability in both corporate and leisure during FY22. The company is looking to the resumption of further global international travel, with a potential material benefit from the trans-Atlantic route opening.

Its profitability hopes rely on vaccination efficacy, governments reopening borders and keeping them open.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$23.01
Change
0.010(0.04%)
Mkt cap ! $5.079B
Open High Low Value Volume
$23.01 $23.06 $22.81 $21.13M 919.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2728 $22.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$23.01 36981 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.