BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

flu drugs keep biota healthy - page 46 fin rev, page-7

1. 2,136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    The last official report was last Friday and that was 22,830 cases and 1 death. I expect the next one to show a signifant increase.

The weather is still reasonably warm. I was in Hunan prov (S China) last week and it was quite warm there ~26C. When I got back to Beijing on Sunday I noticed the weather was much colder. Further north is averaging around 0C, but will get to -30 in winter. So the flu season is not yet here.

The Govt has taken the initial run of vaccines, presumably for essential services.

The Chinese Govt were heavily critisised for quarantining arrivals with the flu. But it keep the flu from spreading in China for 6 months, enough for them to start vaccine production and I assume increase tamiflu and relenza production.

Masks are available in many places, although I saw more in May when the publicity started than I do now. Masks are socially acceptable in China and common on planes, trains, buses, etc. Much more so than in Australia or Brazil where I have been this year during the flu season and which had high case and fatality rates. I expect more masks to be used when the weather cools more and more people become ill.

I have not been in any chemists, so am unsure about the availablity of tami or relenza. I brought 2 doses of relenza with me from Australia. The health inspector at the airport had never heard of it before.

The perception is still that the flu is mild.

Regards

Mal

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.