I had measles when I was about 4 and was over it in a few days....

1. 6,351 Posts.
    I had measles when I was about 4 and was over it in a few days. Think I picked it up at kindergarten. In getting the real thing, I may have acquired real immunity to measles and some other benefits.

http://aonh.org/Blogs/Details/3

The Benefits of Having a Natural Measles Infection-Suzanne Humphries, MD
    Today, half a century after measles vaccines have become commonplace, and two to three generations beyond the expectation of contracting measles during childhood as a regular event, measles is now thought of as a potentially deadly disease with no redeeming qualities. However, a look into the medical literature of the past shows us that wild measles may indeed have afforded immunologic advantages to those infected.

Immunity
    Dr. Peter Aaby et al. and his team found that children who survived natural measles had a much higher survival rate from all other infectious causes than other children. Children who had the measles vaccine, had a lower rate of survival and the worst group in terms of overall survival from infections, was the group which had neither measles vaccines nor measles disease. That’s published research.¹ Their (compromise) conclusion was that it would be necessary to use the measles vaccine forever, because of the value of the vaccine in protecting against all-cause mortality in the absence of actual infection.

What about smallpox.

"Do you believe vaccines are necessary? Safe? Effective?
    Do you think smallpox and polio were eradicated by vaccination? Our new book, Dissolving Illusions: disease, vaccines, and an history you don’t know, puts these issues to rest with myth shattering graphs and documented facts. Once you learn what was in a smallpox vaccine, and that the highest degree of smallpox and death came up on the vaccinated, you will realize that smallpox vaccines could not have possibly eradicated anything except human health. And that vaccine is the ONLY vaccine credited for eradicating a single disease! It is just mythology."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.