FLC 2.30% 8.5¢ fluence corporation limited

Fluence Signs First Commercial SUBRE Order in China, page-42

1. 1,925 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2162
    Thanks @Relax1 and @willchang409. Again floored by the sharing of these articles and your thoughts. Many thanks again.

Just from reading these articles, I have a sense that FLC's Chinese team really understands the way to do business in China. FLC knows that they need to invest their assembly plants in the province to (1) increase their own production capacity and remove production bottlenecks (2) to develope the local economy of the province. At the same time, they have done a deal to sell SUBRE to Panjin City. In the process, relationships with the Mayor and Political Secretary levels are solidified. Local officials can show the Central Govt in Beijing that the province is receiving investments from foreign investors, meeting FDI and employment targets. And the environment is enhanced with the goals of 13th FYP goals met, creating a win win situation for all.

All of this of course is predicated on the product, SUBRE, being able to meet all the requirements of the market place ie removal of TN and TP levels, low opex etc. To me, that is the most important point to make at this stage of MABR's early life cycle. All of the above (relationships, investments etc) validates SUBRE and MABR even more. I mean, imagine if the product sucks, FLC doesn't have any leg to stand on. FLC's reputation and standing will flounder, relationships will be soured, local officials will be made to look like fools etc. I have a sense this model is going to be rolled out across China even more.

For the newbie, it's good to read old bulletins to see whether promises made in previous years have been fulfilled. I reintroduce one https://www.fluencecorp.com/water-tech-companies-vie-for-china-market/ for your reading pleasure.

Note, it's quite amazing for a foreign company like FLC to accomplish what they have in a short space of 2 to 3 years since 2017 in a tough place like China. I really don't see Oxymem and Suez having such local presence.

Last edited by ywtoh: 22/08/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.