SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

flummoxed, page-118

1. 3,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 545
    Cheers insiong. Did you mean "on the head" ? The other way sounds painful. If I did hit it "into the head" then I appologise perfusely.

But seriously, no doubt that we all fantasise about picking the peak and making a killing but in reality few of us ever purchase at the bottom or sell at the top. Kicking ourselves for not doing so is about as sane as yelling at the newsagent for selling us a lottery ticket that didn't win. So long as we buy cheaper than we sell then we are ahead.

No stock goes up in a straight line so this implies that in any given day, week, month or year there will be many highs and lows. While we still believe that there is a likelyhood of a future high much better than the last then we hold and wait.

In the case of SSN it was trading at about 2c only just over 1 year ago. A recent fall to 12c shows that the stock has grown significantly stronger over the year. The line from 2c to 12c wasn't by any means straight but it does infer that that the market is now (after the fall) about 600% more confident in Tezzas ~$0.96 target price than they were just one year ago.

Its so easy to lose sight of how far we have come in such a short space of time. Come this time next year I fully expect to be having the same conversations about why somebody didn't sell out when the stock peaked briefly at 63c and why the market has sold it down to 47c. For some reason we focus more on what could have been than what actually did happen. Human nature maybe.

Over the coming year we will have to deal with the same old fairtales about how somebody is planning a takeover, the big boys will still be accumulating despite somehow never ending up on the register, the stock will still be manipulated as sells couldn't possibly be other shareholders taking profits, the world will still be heading into a great depression, Chinas 65 million unoccupied appartments will have ballooned to 100 million despite only 60 million in total being built in the last decade, and polliticians will still be producing more carbon dioxide from all their babbling and lies than any scheme that they introduce, the cows will still be farting which will no doubt drag the plannet closer to the edge, and the absolute drop dead date to cut our emmisions to avoid terminal decline will somehow have conveniently slipped by another 12 months .... again.

The future is predictable my friends. There will be more cars, more consumers and bigger and better TVs in the future. Bigger populations don't comsume less thus my bemusement at a tax on carbon while offering a cash bonus to have a baby. Oil is getting less plentiful thus harder and more expensive to extract while the percentage of the global population that demands to use it increases rapidly.

Either Tezza is right about the retained acreage in the Niobrara and his new punt on Roosevelt, in which case those that have kahonas large enough for risk investments will live like pigs in the fat house (not european pigs), or he wasn't.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.