FMG 0.45% $22.10 fortescue ltd

fmg and sell off for tax purposes, page-24

1. 198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    Nolan What you said is misleading as it's very much incorrect. I hope nobody is swayed to buy fmg shares based solely on your statement. You stated that you get a bonus cheque due to franking credits and so do all others that have multiple fmg shares.

Fmg pays only 30% tax on your dividend earnings. Those that have to pay less than 30% on their annual income may get a refund. Another way of putting it is SOME people who earn less than 45k annually will get a refund which may be partially due to FMG dividend pay outs, those who earn more than 45k and are getting a refund are doing so due to other factors and not due to franking credits, in fact those who earn more than 45k still owe tax to the nasty tax man as franking credits do not cover the amount of tax one will be required to pay into our overtaxed but nevertheless still (somewhat) beautiful country.

In summary the only people that may benefit due to franking credits are low income earners and not everyone as you stated - in fact it's most probable most won't benefit as one would assume that most FMG holders have a annual income in excess of 45k.

I'll leave it up to you to decide but I think it's best you either edit your comment or ask for it to be removed as it's very erroneous.
    Last edited by MegaA: 23/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.