FMG 1.20% $21.41 fortescue ltd

There was no new mine at Rio Yandi only an expansion but in...

1. 144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    There was no new mine at Rio Yandi only an expansion but in saying that $1.8B was invested into that expansion. Koodiaderi next to Yandi was put on ice for the time being While Nammuldi which is an extension of Brockman 2 was given the go ahead. Silvergrass looks like it will also get developed and Marandoo below the Watertable is basically finished. All these were committed to before the downturn and if it was not budgeted and started then it was likely that they wouldn't have gone ahead. Rio is currently focusing on increasing production through efficiency rather than expansion so don't expect to see any new mines from them for a while.
    Western Turner Syncline was also an expansion of Tom Price even though its a few kms away they are using the TP plant so they don't have to build a new one just a very long conveyor to process it all.

BHP's RGP5 was also started way before the GFC hit and they weren't going to stop once started. Also the price of IO then didn't drop for long where as now it looks like it will be on going for a bit

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.260(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $65.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $150.5M 7.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 12657 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.