FMG 1.48% $26.05 fortescue ltd

FMG Financial Intelligence Topic, page-22

1. 5,672 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1718
    Good point you raise about food prices. China are currently going through a similar thing with pork prices. This has led to an increase in inflation. The difference is economic growth is still 6% notwithstanding its the lowest growth rate for a generation.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...aking-no-chances-with-stagflation-11577628000

The last thing the economy here needs is supply side inflation, whether it be through Middle East tensions causing oil prices to be elevated for a long time, which then filters through supply chains or higher produce prices.

We’ve already exhausted monetary policy stimulus. Wage growth is poor due to excessive slack in the labour market. Retail sector is struggling. Productivity is going negative. Cap ex/infrastructure spending; both private and public are poor.

Having said that, irrespective of whether I agree or not, rates will decline again soon as you said. The dollar will continue to be under pressure too.

Yield is going to become a much more important focus. FMG and other miners have always had higher risk premiums attached to them. However, we are seeing the ride turn somewhat.

Sectors whose profits/dividends are declining, whose margins are being squeezed and growth prospects subdued are moving away from the old school finance mantra of safe haven to a riskier basket.

I’m really comfortable with FMG now as a yield play. I’ve done my sums a million times over. Looked at IO supply coming on market over the coming years macro and micro (fmg), change to discounts for FMG, Australian dollar, more focus on fiscal/infrastructure investment as opposed to monetary policy in near future, continued Chinese infrastructure growth, Indian growth, margin over volume strategy by the 4 majors, high barriers to entry, monetary policy settings in Oz etc etc etc Also dividends are fully franked.

Yep fmg remaining where it is for a bit longer won’t bug me. Having said that, the Dalian is currently 675 and the AUD down 1%... At one point, the market is going to realise, we’ve been gifted a wooden horse from Brazil (I think that’s the saying), that IO comeback is still as elusive as ever. I can’t believe this hasn’t really been mentioned by analysts etc

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$26.05
Change
0.380(1.48%)
Mkt cap ! $80.20B
Open High Low Value Volume
$25.80 $26.22 $25.79 $125.7M 4.828M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10772 $26.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$26.08 1300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$26.09
  Change
0.380 ( 1.79 %)
Open High Low Volume
$25.81 $26.22 $25.78 876694
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.