FMG 1.20% $21.41 fortescue ltd

Not only will these green projects have its own funding, but I...

1. 89 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Not only will these green projects have its own funding, but I read EG said the project funding will also be non-recourse and off FMG's balance sheet. So what this means is these green projects will raise their own funding, but because it is being driven by FMG, it would be able to raise funding at much better terms than normally possible if these were independent projects by another company.

This non-recourse project funding, even if the project goes bust, means the liabilities are only against the green project itself. And by being off FMG's balance sheet, even if the project did go bust, it would not impair FMG's balance sheet.

I'm not an accountant, but taking what EG has said regarding funding structure and not using a cent of FMG money to finance these green projects, it is a zero-risk project with unlimited potential upside to me. It is literally a Win-Win-Win?

So I don't know why people were selling when they just said they made AU$1.2B in a single month and there is zero use of FMG funds for these projects, with zero financial risk to FMG; yet if it does become the game-changer we all hope and need it to be, FMG could potentially disrupt the entire global energy and steel industry. Did everyone forget what happened last time FMG tried to do something everyone said was impossible? Like Elon Musk, you may not agree with him or buy into their vision; but betting against them is a fool's errand.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.260(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $65.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $150.5M 7.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 12657 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.