FMG 2.26% $21.41 fortescue ltd

The facts? Give me a break! The facts are that the analysts work...

1. 1,583 Posts.
    The facts? Give me a break!
    The facts are that the analysts work for someone else because they don't have conviction in their own opinions otherwise they'd be making a killing on the markets if they were that good, backing themselves.

I think we wait and see what necessary cuts the company makes to lean up the operation further.
    They may lower the dividend, they may discontinue it. That's not a fact but a speculation. As the P/E ratio improves then folks will see value and we go from there and then see if commodity prices improve or the operation becomes more efficient as has been proven to date.
    It's a moving target, that's the facts.

Only thing brokers reports are good for is to provide an insight into where the brokers may be positioning themselves but I can guarantee you they've already positioned themselves before you or I buy in based on their "opinions"

The dropping AUD will provide a buffer and that's what the RBA is pushing for so you have to figure it's going to happen. Check out commodity prices in AUD vs USD and see how much fat there is with the decreasing currency and with a looming recession due to the drop off in the resource sector, wages will be re-aligned to a more realistic level so costs decrease further.

Bigger picture mate, that's the facts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.495(2.26%)
Mkt cap ! $66.30B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.77 $21.80 $21.34 $127.7M 5.550M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 472 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 712 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.44am 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.