FMG 0.44% $22.52 fortescue ltd

i think rod's referring to posborne's post there of $10. there...

1. 96 Posts.
    i think rod's referring to posborne's post there of $10. there is a lot of risk with this stock. but rod i'd like to hear why you think it's such a good shorting opportunity in this territory.
    it was good opp when there was heavy buying from teck rising it to $6 a few months ago. at this point in time its pretty dangerous i'd suggest. no offence but i think the FMG boys (and all other majors) have a bit of a better idea as to where the demand will come from than you...they have a reason, well about 9 billion, as to why they are expanding. its not forrest and his pride. he's achieved more than almost anyone else in the world in this market. this started as a "penny dreadful" and is now one of the biggest producers of iron ore in the world. many have become multi millionaires in the share market, not so many have become multi billionaires.
    always worth stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. your chart saying the "trend" is down is a tad flawed. it has been, but pretty much reflective of the iron ore price and not a great deal else. i glean you are a pretty short term trader, just would want to be very careful as the IO price is now getting close to what the far majority suggest is the floor price. and at this price FMG remains HUGELY profitable (debt included). its not retail where there has been a major change in the market it derives income. this company digs it up and ships it off. if you can teleport the iron ore, well then we can chat. but how do you justify these "huge" shorting opps?
    In the end, if IO is down at levels to really pressure FMG, a few thousand shares in this company is the least of your worries. the world will be a much uglier place and that house you haven't put into FMG....well it wont be worth anywhere near as much, so you may as well sell that now too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.52
Change
-0.100(0.44%)
Mkt cap ! $68.84B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.36 $22.55 $22.31 $31.25M 1.389M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 1759 $22.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.53 4755 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.04pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.