FMG 5.04% $17.50 fortescue ltd

I don't usually have a whinge and just go with the flow, but...

1. 369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    I don't usually have a whinge and just go with the flow, but this 3 or 4 day time lag reporting of short positions for ordinary share traders is starting to annoy the crap out of me. I really think they need a Royal Commission into the way the ASX operates and favours one set of traders over others. Judging by what has come out with the Banking RC I would be pretty sure that the ASX would be found at fault here on this discriminate point and most probably a few others. I remember when the short position data was going to be made available to the public the next day and the shorters jumped up and down saying that they would be disadvantaged if everyone knew what stocks they were shorting while they built their positions and so the time lag for reporting was agreed on. The flip side of this is that it can be said that ordinary shareholders are being swindled as they are unknowingly buying the stock that a large short position is being built on until it is to late. Who would be the villain here--the shorters who are selling stock to unsuspecting buyers because data is being delayed-- or the ASX who is charging the investors for the privilege of  buying a stock while they (the ASX) is knowingly delaying information because that could cause them to lose some trading fees from both sides. 

Hey imagine if the ASX had to reimburse trading fees because they sat on this information for 3 days and were deemed not to be providing a level playing field for all investors. Anyway I know this is off topic but just wondering if others feel the same way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.50
Change
0.840(5.04%)
Mkt cap ! $53.88B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.89 $17.74 $16.84 $346.2M 19.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5870 $17.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.50 12148 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.