FMG 1.62% $21.92 fortescue ltd

Completely agree with you copperroad. Never ceases to amaze me...

1. 305 Posts.
    Completely agree with you copperroad. Never ceases to amaze me the sort of "Dutch courage" the stock market gives people when it runs their way for a couple of weeks. Let's not forget that 4 weeks ago futures were at 600 and looking odds on to run to 700 again coming into peak construction season in China. Couldn't see too many "experts" predicting futures and iron ore prices where they are currently when prices were still in that uptrend. Personally as I see it we're back to the point where we pretty much only have the four major producers making money at these levels. We're heading into the traditional peak construction period. Last "low" point of the futures was about 413 outside of peak season and inventory levels continue to fall. I just can't see that the worm turning being too far away. Seems to me that the Chinese economy has stabilised after the continuos slide to the bottom of Jan 16 but the magnitude of that slide has really rattled the industry, which in my opinion is why we've see this massive wild swings in short periods of time - every body is still very jittery. I think those that are predicting this to continue to fall to the low 50's high 40's have an incredibly optimistic personal view. Happy to stand corrected but would be completely miffed if this downturn lasts another week and drops below 413 or even 388 low of this time last year

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.92
Change
0.350(1.62%)
Mkt cap ! $67.49B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.60 $21.95 $21.54 $94.22M 4.315M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 $21.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.93 18370 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.