FMG 4.11% $17.97 fortescue ltd

FMG Technical Analysis, page-3846

1. 29,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1453
    @rurenga includes it in his posts at the end of each day - something I find of interest.

It was cleverly worded and can be amended or varied as I read it and can even be extended should the board see fit. At the
    time it was introduced it put a floor to the price. The board would be aware of the profit and saw the value and protected us
    from what could have been a nasty drop in share price had shorters attacked.

I tend to think of it as a protection from the possibility of a massive short attack. A bit like wearing braces and a belt.
    The braces being the fundamentals and the profit we are generating but the belt as a 'just in case'.

Personally I would like to see it extended for another year given all the negative talk we so often hear generally. That is while
    shorting is still legal and profitable to those who do it. Should shorting be banned, something that wouldn't happen quickly,
    there may not be the need for it.

Josh Frydenberg wants companies to invest more, which we are doing, but keeping this money aside for a further BB might be
    something someone of influence could talk to him about.

Not everyone will agree with me maybe and I would like to hear other opinions too on this subject.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.97
Change
0.710(4.11%)
Mkt cap ! $55.32B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.30 $18.03 $17.13 $198.6M 11.21M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 31540 $17.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.98 24196 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.