FMG 4.63% $17.32 fortescue ltd

FMG Technical Analysis, page-3971

1. 29,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1453
    Not how a gap works. FMG could have opened anywhere between the low and the high for the previous day and there would
    not be a gap. It would create a gap if it were to open above the high of that previous day which often signifies over
    enthusiasm and impatience. Of course if it were something absolutely not envisioned and was mind blowingly great for the
    company it would be a break away gap that might take years to close or may never close.

If I may suggest, if you are not using your own charts and need this detail, you might like to make note each afternoon of
    the low and the high for the days trades that @rurenga so kindly posts. He ain't just exercising his tonsils or his fingers,
    but the info is valuable.

Hope I don't sound condescending or telling you how to suck eggs but is probably the best I can come up with and I do
    hope I have been of some help.

I could probably guess that most of the time the buying price you might get in at would be somewhere between the
    low and high for the previous day. Only a very brave or silly person would create a gap but may be smarter than most
    if thinking longer term - they would be saying, what is a cent or 2 given the fundamentals. This is why not all gaps close
    too. They often don't appear on the weekly chart.

Sorry for such a verbose post. That's just me most of the time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.32
Change
-0.840(4.63%)
Mkt cap ! $53.32B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.22 $18.27 $17.26 $202.6M 11.43M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4600 $17.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.33 396 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.