FMG 2.21% $16.66 fortescue ltd

Spit on Mike. It also makes me think Brucutu mine, which has...

1. 5,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1785
    Spit on Mike. It also makes me think Brucutu mine, which has been operating at 40% capacity since very early Dec might be the case for some time yet. There was an article mid Dec about a large tear that had opened up in the Laranjeiras dam (Brucutu’s dam) as the reason for the risk level put up to 1.

Also, it was reported at the time that Vale self made the call to suspend use of the dam and operate at 40% capacity.

I just reread the article I posted on the Vake thread before and noted something interesting about Brucutu...It was the auditor, not the company who made the call! See below extract.
    We found out last week too about the other mine being suspended thanks only to investigative reporting!! What is going on over there?!

Given all this and what you said in your post, Brucutu might be operating well below capacity for some time yet. This was a dam that was previously suspended twice for use in the first half of 2019 before any cracks were noted. Also, its design is downstream, which is not meant to be the design we should be concerning ourselves with.

Safety concerns have already prompted Vale to halt part of production, including the Brucutu mine, following the warning by an independent auditor and not the company, Lanchotti told Bloomberg. Vale temporarily suspended part of Brucutu production in December, after increasing the risk level of the Laranjeiras dam in the vicinity from 0 to 1, the second lowest on the four-level scale, where 3 means that an explosion is imminent. Level 2 requires evacuations.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.66
Change
0.360(2.21%)
Mkt cap ! $51.29B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.50 $16.74 $16.31 $150.0M 9.072M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 600 $16.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.67 40000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.