FMG 0.52% $21.32 fortescue ltd

FMG Technical Analysis, page-7958

1. 579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 132
    If you look at the chart you will see a green line "Frothy $21.71 (9.72% to go)". In my analysis, a stock becomes "Frothy" once it rises above 3.7 times ATR(14). If it stays up there, that's OK, but once it falls below the 3.7ATR line, it's time to get out (quickly).So at the moment FMG has still some room to breath. Note the ATR line will rise (& fall) according to the movement in shareprice, so the Frothy line will move accordingly. It only becomes Frothy when there is a rapid rise in price such that it races up to & then exceed the line (and then falls back).

That's how I look for Profit Take - normal exits are based around Higher Highs Higher Lows trends and I also in this chart I have applied a 9% drop from most recent high as an more normal trailing stop. On the FMG chart shown, all exits are of this type - there have been no Frothy exits in this time period (110 weeks). Over this period this strategy has worked well on FMG & I have traded accordingly, but FMG has not necessarily been in my portfolio for all time. The three orange dots show my latest purchases - I hold three parcels all based on this strategy.

I hope this makes sense - ask me more questions if not clear.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.32
Change
0.110(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $65.64B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.24 $21.50 $21.07 $99.18M 4.655M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 17454 $21.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.35 336 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.