FMG 0.18% $21.90 fortescue ltd

No mate the cat didn't get my tongue and no I never got modded...

1. 2,394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2598
    No mate the cat didn't get my tongue and no I never got modded because there was no abuse.

It's a TA thread and you quite simply didn't get your pattern recognition correct.

I pointed this out and didn't ridicule your calls or your character - quite the opposite - I said I respect your calls.

You've done a great job on here for a long time but I don't agree with you calling a 'bullish harami cross reversal pattern' - was that simple.

You've had numerous posts in December calling this pattern and I think as we are all on a forum to share and learn it's important that people learn what's right.

I offered for you to quite simply put it to bed and post the what you're looking at on the chart so we can see cause from what I'm looking at there is none.

In fact I asked anyone on the forum to do so and still got nothing.

Now you're trying to tell me (again) I got the wrong dates and bars?

Honestly mate, we all make mistakes and it really isn't a big deal considering how good your calls have been.

I'm not going to link your posts and get petty but if you keep calling me out then I will respond as I have nothing to hide and don't appreciate you trying to discredit me

To save you all the hassle of going through your FMG charts I've posted one below - with an explanation of what a bullish harami cross reversal is.

I've also added the exact picture that @tomboy used on his posts just so you can see I'm not trying to doctor anything.

Because @tomboy has tried to use different dates than his 20th Dec post I have attached a chart which covers half November, all of December and all of January so far - you can use all of it to find this pattern...

FMG Daily
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4953/4953107-087ca2577a28e742cfa4acf02e0faf86.jpg.
    I hope this puts this topic to bed as I think the forum can be used for better things - however it is a TA thread and if we are all learning and discussing TA then I'm guessing some will benefit.

As for my own positions mate, I've been quite transparent.
    I'm not short as I wouldn't open shorts on gappy stocks like FMG or BHP however I do have puts.

I journal all my trades and if I saw the same set up again I would take the same trade.
    I understand FMG has great stats at this time of year, although they are not 100% bullish every year.
    I believed with the flip of the coin that was China reopening there was significant risk to the downside so opened put options to roll the dice.

Currently those positions aren't looking great, although they do have till 16 Feb - so if FMG isn't under $18.50 by then you guys are welcome to call me out again as those positions will have expired worthless.

It's trading, I'm fully aware of my risks and I understand my own stats - and those stats have losers.

I placed no trades in the initial week however I did close a couple of positions on CBA and XJO that started the year with some great profits - now its just a matter of keeping them.

Just so you know I'm not making this stuff up heres the CBA trade
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/cba-ta-update.6044009/page-340?post_id=65376373

And heres when we closed
    Guess those 'TA guys' get some every now and then

Anyway, hopefully next time I'm back it's with something more constructive

No hard feelings @tomboy but don't appreciate being called out in that way - thats behind us now so lets move on.

FWIW - I've changed my sentiment now as I'm being transparent.
    I obviously have put positions which profit from a downside move however China are throwing significant stimmy atm so unless I see something jump out at me I'll sit on what I've got and let the market play out.
    So my sentiment is to sit on hands.
    Plus, when I have no sentiment it seems people are more likely to read without their own bias.

All the best...
    Last edited by Launched: 08/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.90
Change
0.040(0.18%)
Mkt cap ! $67.42B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.92 $22.11 $21.82 $224.3M 10.10M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 3932 $21.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.90 400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.