FMG 0.16% $24.78 fortescue ltd

I dunno about prize pigs. I can see a strong scenario that $20...

1. 357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    I dunno about prize pigs. I can see a strong scenario that $20 will be a good price to hold for a few years, so anyone topping up now could be on a big winner if they are patient. I'm currently thinking that I can do better. Maybe $19 would change my sentiment, and I'd keep a bit of powder dry in case the $16 prediction, or thereabouts, came true.

I was just listening to some analysis about the Chinese FM's upcoming visit to Europe. Putin is on a losing streak with Ukraine, and in the process he's made Russia a vassal state of China. There are opportunities for China to expand its prestige as a global player when the inevitable finally happens, and the war moves from the battlefield to the negotiating table. Providing weapons to Ukraine is expensive for Europe and America. Providing propaganda to Russia, in the form of a "neutral" affectation is cheap for Beijing. It looks like a pro-Russia position, but it actually allows Beijing to step in as a mediator and gain some leverage in Europe, which could net them some big Euros/Yuan when post-war reconstruction begins in Ukraine. Taiwan can wait, when there's money and prestige to be harvested elsewhere.

A by-product of this is that the deputy sheriff down under will be wake-surfing on the new convergence of Chinese prosperity and global peace. Iron ore, wine, barley, lobsters and maybe, eventually, green hydrogen will be heading north from our shores without any vexatious sanctions and non-contact between trade ministers. That "origins of covid" thing was the diplomatic equivalent of an anti-vaxx cooker conspiracy theory, an unbelievably stupid act by a coalition government weighed down by RWNJs. Our own trade minister's visit this week is a good sign that we are finally undoing that damage.

And remember, everything I have ever said in the past has been SPOT ON and everything I just wrote is absolutely objective fact and not merely my opinion or analysis. Believe me and tell me how clever I am or you will RUE THE DAY!!!!!!. biggrin.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$24.78
Change
0.040(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $76.29B
Open High Low Value Volume
$24.91 $25.13 $24.53 $117.8M 4.747M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4038 $24.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$24.78 30066 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$24.71
  Change
0.040 ( 0.37 %)
Open High Low Volume
$24.89 $25.12 $24.53 905357
Last updated 15.59pm 03/06/2024 ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.