IOH 0.00% 70.0¢ iron ore holdings limited

fmg, page-10

1. 1,569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Hi.

I need to withdraw a comment and make a sincere apology. I have been corrected off-line and I'm now correcting my error here.

I made the comment that IOH and FMG cannot blend it's two ores. I didn't give enough of a reason to explain that opinion in the original post. I'll now breifly explain why I made that assumption.

Basically the higher the LOI figure, the more porous the material is. The lower the LOI figure, the more the material is like Granite. Magnetites fall into this category. Magnetite fines need to be "pelletized" inorder for the material to be suitable for a furnace feed. Hematite fines need to be sintered inorder for the material to be converted into artifical lump.

The following isn't 100% correct, but for the purpose of the post it'll do. Fines when sintered with heat will turn to "globules" at different heat levels. This level ranges between 1000 to 1400 degrees. The higher the LOI level, usually the lower the heat level required for conversion to artifical lump. For example, Bonnie fines and FMG fines cannot be blended together because the two ores don't globulate at a simular enough heat level. I was informed by a gentleman in the business that the synergies of the Brockman (IOH) and Marra Mamba (FMG) ores were too different for the two ores to be blended for the above reason. It has since been pointed out to me that early trails indicate that synergies of Brockman and Marra Mamba ores are simular enough for sintering to occur. And hence, the two ores CAN be blended.

I once again sincerely apologise to IOH holders. I was debating whether to TOU the original post. I still believe the original post has some interesting points in it so have decided not to TOU it myself. But if others believe I've broken TOU rule, I fully understand.

Bye and good luck to IOH holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.