FML 1.85% 13.8¢ focus minerals ltd

fml news

1. 624 Posts.
    Plenty of articles with the latest SP movement (is that Md Lash I can laughing in the background???) Still not out of the 6mth trading range yet...

Here they are - not much is new but the last last link has some interesting stuff.

Cheers,

C12

Focus to open 2 new mines in next couple of months
    By: Esmarie Swanepoel
    10th February 2011
    Updated 7 hours ago

PERTH (miningweekly.com) − ASX-listed Focus Minerals will open two new mines in the next three months, paving the way to boost gold output to 10 000 oz/m in the second half of the calendar year, CEO Campbell Baird said on Thursday.

He said that with three mines, a two-million-ounce plus resource inventory, and an "immense" exploration upside, Focus was well placed to take full advantage of its strong growth prospects.

The company has been funding its aggressive mine development plan by cash generated from its Tindals mine in Western Australia.

Focus on Thursday reported a 43% increase in its gold resource for the Countess deposit, which forms part of Tindals.

The Countess deposit is estimated to host 71 000 oz of gold, taking the Tindals mining centre's underground resource to 383 000 oz.

Baird said that the latest drilling results pointed to a strong future for the Tindals underground mine, which had been funding Focus' wider mine development strategy.

"Tindals continues to deliver solid grades from multiple ore bodies as we have ramped up production," Baird said.

http://www.miningweekly.com/article/focus-to-open-2-new-mines-in-next-couple-of-months-2011-02-10

10 Feb 2011
    Focus Minerals: Resource Upgrade & Bumper Drilling Results at Tindals Mining Centre

Gold producer Focus Minerals (ASX: FML) is pleased to advise that the strong production outlook for its Tindals Mining Centre in Coolgardie, WA has been highlighted by more high-grade drilling results and a subsequent 43 per cent increase in gold resources to 71,000 ounces at Tindals' Countess deposit.
    The upgrade takes total underground resources at Tindals to 383,000 ounces (2.6Mt 2 4.5g/t).
    High-grade intersections returned at Countess included 7.3m @ 12.6g/t Au, 3.4m @ 12.5g/t and 13.4m @ 5.8g/t with mineralisation appearing to be a consistent thickness and grade over a strike length of more than 100m and remaining open at depth.
    Tindals is the engine room of Focus' cash flow generation, recording a 37 per cent increase in gold production to 21,039oz in the December quarter.
    Focus Chief Executive Campbell Baird said the results pointed to a strong future for the Tindals Underground Mine, which has been funding Focus' wider mine development strategy.
    "Tindals continues to deliver solid grades from multiple ore bodies as we have ramped up production," Mr Baird said.
    "The cash generated by Tindals has enabled Focus to pursue an aggressive mine development program that will see the Company open two new mines over the next three months.
    "This will significantly change our production profile in the first half of this year, putting us on track to produce around 10,000 ounces a month in the second half of the calendar year.
    "With three mines, a 2 million-ounce plus resource Inventory and immense exploration upside, Focus is superbly placed to take full advantage of its strong growth prospects."

http://www.mqworld.com/article.php?id=8912

Focus Minerals boosts gold resources by 43% to 71,000oz at Tindals' Countess deposit
    Thursday, February 10, 2011
    Focus Minerals (ASX: FML) has received more high-grade drilling results and a subsequent 43% increase in gold resources to 71,000 ounces at Tindals' Countess deposit.

Focus Minerals sees a strong production outlook for Tindals Mining Centre and will continue to be a strong long-term cash generator, based on the strength of the results.

High-grade intersections returned at Countess included 7.3 metres at 12.6g/t gold, 3.4m at 12.5g/t and 13.4m at 5.8g/t.

The company said mineralisation appears to be a consistent thickness and grade over a strike length of more than 100m and remaining open at depth.
    The upgrade takes total underground resources at Tindals to 383,000 ounces (2.6 million tonnes (Mt) at 4.5 grams per tonne (g/t).

Tindals generates cash flow for the company, recording a 37 per cent increase in gold production to 21,039oz in the December quarter.

As Focus have ramped up production, Tindals continues to deliver solid grades from multiple ore bodies.

The cash generated by Tindals has enabled the company to pursue an aggressive mine development program that will see it open two new mines over the next three months.

Focus is on track to produce around 10,000 ounces a month in the second half of the calendar year with three mines, a 2 million-ounce plus resource inventory and plenty of exploration upside.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/13827/focus-minerals-boosts-gold-resources-by-43-to-71000oz-at-tindals-countess-deposit-13827.html

Focus climbs on resource upgrade
    10-February-11 by Dan Wilkie
    Focus Minerals shares have climbed after the company announced bumper drilling results at its Countess gold deposit at its Tindals Mining Centre in Coolgardie.

Focus announced today drilling results revealed the size of the Countess deposit, part of the Tindals Mining Centre, was 43 per cent larger than thought, at 71,000 ounces.

The upgrade takes total underground resources at Tindals to 383,000oz.

At 9:50AM today Focus shares were up 5.5 per cent, to 5.7 cents.

During the December quarter, Focus reported Tindals' gold production was up 37 per cent to 21,039oz.

Focus Chief Executive Campbell Baird said the results pointed to a strong future for the Tindals Underground Mine, which has been funding Focus' wider mine development strategy.

"Tindals continues to deliver solid grades from multiple ore bodies as we have ramped up production," Mr Baird said.

"The cash generated by Tindals has enabled Focus to pursue an aggressive mine development program that will see the Company open two new mines over the next three months.

"This will significantly change our production profile in the first half of this year, putting us on track to produce around 10,000 ounces a month in the second half of the calendar year.

"With three mines, a 2 million-ounce plus resource Inventory and immense exploration upside, Focus is superbly placed to take full advantage of its strong growth prospects."

Earlier this week Focus reported a 28 per cent increase in its interim pre-tax profit guidance.

Focus said its record pre-tax profit of $6.2 million was driven by strong gold production of 36,339oz, which underpinned revenue of $48.9 million.

http://www.wabusinessnews.com.au/en-story.php?/1/86756/Focus-climbs-on-resource-upgrade

The latest BSS is also worth a read, if only because they've done a lot of the legwork:

http://www.buysellsignals.com/BuySellSignals/report/Australia/Stock/PDF/Daily/Australia_pdf_844.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.8¢
Change
0.003(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $39.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 13.8¢ 13.5¢ $2.074K 15.35K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 21133 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 67030 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.