RHK 0.63% 80.5¢ red hawk mining limited

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier Wish. I just see yet...

1. 2,722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1265

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier Wish.

I just see yet another political play with this FIFO or DIDO thing in holding the state govt to ransom and putting the “ball in the other parties court” in case of project failure.

1. State govt didn’t provide $50M to seal a road. Just drive on a dirt road unless that road is for other purposes. The pressure will increase on the state govt (Labor) since they have buddied up with Liberals at state and federal level (remember signing with the Prime Minister a theoretical project with a Chinese contractor). Mmmmm!!

I noted in that Karratha article some else put up the local mayor talked about FMS going to 10Mtpa first then expanding out to 45-50Mtpa??? Is that what the road is for??
    BBIG are saying first shipment now is 2021, FMS can truck in the meantime and make some cash!!

This talk about giving the govt “road sealing” deadlines otherwise “we will build an aerodrome and there will be no work for locals” is BS imo and 100% political.

Why would you FIFO a work force from overseas, interstate or Perth when its cheaper to FIFO ex-Karratha, that is if they cant drive out on a daily basis. Otherwise let them drive out on a weekly basis??

IMO it’s pretty obvious they are looking to set the field with land mines to maximise the Chinese involvement through using political pressure and ultimatums. You know how it goes, set a requirement on the govt they can’t keep and use it for leverage later.

Travelling 100km each way and working 10hrs is everyday stuff in the bush. It’s about fatigue management. The guys will simply car pool or organise a shuttle bus and driver from set pick locations the same as when the workforce stay in construction camps.

Working 10hrs per day is actually around standard, 10hrs x 13 day/fortnight for locals is normal during greenfield construction. Sometimes even 12hr shifts and if required 12hrs nightshift.

During operations and maintenance periods its more like 10hr shifts at swings (weeks) of 3on-1off or 2on-2off for FIFO and locals. Alternatively for locals 10hr x 5 days a week.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.