Don't you laugh at my tiny 5 shares of GOOGL. It cost me over...

1. F01
    2,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    Don't you laugh at my tiny 5 shares of GOOGL. It cost me over 10k!! I had to buy it my own name, which means if I sell at a profit, the ATO will slug me, so the plan is to hold for 15+ years. I will be building up that portfolio very s...l...o...w...l...y. I have time after all.

Not going to have a large CDP holding, 20k tops, but likely 8-10k. And not planning on getting out anytime soon. When things return to normal, whenever that is, this puppy will be pumping out about 10% pa in dividends on my purchase price. Bit like my COF....I have quite a bit more of that though.

Hmmm, my SHCHBD VMT vs your SHCHBD A2M, you win hands down. That holding would be worth about 380 k today!! I am sure you wanted to be reminded about that........that is what friends are for.

TLS. will be ok in the long term. I like what they are doing, and that is all that counts.

AMP is writing cheques it can not cash. I see no signs of a turnaround (unlike TLS).

MSB. I have not looked at it closely, but from the far, far, far shadows I agree with you. Long company history of doing nothing (apart from declining SP) and now a lot of hype. A lot of money has been made on it recently. I fear Mrs Market is looking to collect that back. Its main purpose after all is wealth transfer. I hope your friend doesn't get burnt.

Glad you are back in the game buying BOQ. If Queensland keeps avoiding the virus, it might do quite well (relatively anyway), though the lack of tourism is surely going to take a toll, though not as much as stage 4 lock down!!

Looking at SYD. I reckon that would be a turnaround story I would like to be part of. Though unless we get a vaccine it is going to be a long time coming. A lot of moving parts and a lot of unknowns too. Still, no matter what happens it will be interesting to observe, if not participate.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.