MAH 3.57% 29.0¢ macmahon holdings limited

focus of media

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    Watched an IV between Alan Kohler and Wally King CEO of LEI on ABCTV this morn. King made the point that the media tends to focus on projects that are cancelled and ignore that the vast majority of projects are not being cancelled. He stated that our huge mines in QLD and elsewhere are still pumping out coal IO etc and selling all their product. He also said LEI has strong chance of getting another 2+Billion worth of new contracts in QLD alone in the mining industry.... fairly shortly. This is good for MAH as LEI tends to give them part of these big contracts, especially removing overburden prior to start of mining.
    King was also very optimistic that next month with see the announcement of many State/Fed financed infrastructure projects and these will actually increase the overall work on hand for LEI.
    Hence, while i remain v. bearish re world economy feel positive that companies such as LEI, MAH, UGL DOW will actually have more work by end of 2009 that they have at present. Now is not the time to be selling infrastructure companies IMO. Short sellers have driven SPs into the ground. i have little doubt funds are constantly topping-up in firms they predict will win big in Rudd's big spend. Only one month till we start to hear which projects have been ticked-off and will go-ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.0¢
Change
0.010(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $624.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.0¢ 29.5¢ 28.0¢ $900.0K 3.133M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 61864 28.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.0¢ 18769 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.