MSB 8.42% $1.03 mesoblast limited

Interesting news that Texas is proposing to act on legislation...

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3626
    Interesting news that Texas is proposing to act on legislation that could over-ride FDA restrictions on use of stem cell therapies.

Though I believe this, if the bill passes in the TX legislature, has its merits and demerits, it definitely puts stem cell therapies in a brighter spotlight. It also makes the FDA take notice of the urgency of such treatments. I also believe that the push for legislation wouldn't come if patients did not see benefits.

Texas is an interesting case, being a Red State (Republican) and a strong ally of Donald Trump, so the implications are very significant here. Numbers are huge as well - it has over 27 million people (2nd most after CA).

TX State Rep. Tan Parker has introduced Bill 810. It specifically involves allowing those who are terminally and chronically ill to access investigational, adult-sourced stem cell treatments.

Notice that it would allow treatments for the chronically ill  as well, not just the terminally ill.

Another Bill 661, called the "Medical Freedom Act" was also filed by Rep. Tan Parker. That Bill defines a chronic disease as a condition, illness or injury that lasts longer than one year, requires ongoing medical attention, and entails significant functional impairment or severe pain that limits daily activities. I am thinking CLBP, RA, Diabetic Nephropathy, etc.

Doors other than FDA opening for Mesoblast? Interesting times.

http://www.crosstimbersgazette.com/2017/04/05/parker-furthering-medical-innovation-for-texans/

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/n...t-to-try-overrides-fda-restrictions/693976418

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
0.080(8.42%)
Mkt cap ! $1.176B
Open High Low Value Volume
95.5¢ $1.03 95.0¢ $43.38M 42.28M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 72752 $1.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 205100 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.