NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Food for tthought

1. 479 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Couple of things that I've been mulling over...

The 30-50 Million revenue figure by December 2015.

Sounds good, at first glance it looks like a doubling of revenue in one year. For me it looks like an attempt to make the growth seem better than it is. Why not use a a simple FY15 figure instead of a year and a half?? To reach the 30 million roughly only requires a 20% increase in revenues per year and means the FY15 rev figure is about 20-21 million. That's not bad but it's not "wow" great and certainly doesn't support a higher SP than the current one imo. Sure they should do do better than the 30 million bottom as I'm sure Crowther wouldn't want to look like an idiot but even at say 40 million rev in a year and half, if you take out the R&D and tax credits the profit figure isn't spectacular imo.

But it's all about US growth TprChri!

That's what I thought to, but now i'm not so sure it will be a cake walk for nea in the us. For starters they are not the first movers and the competition has tech as good if not better and the ability to match Nea's speed of delivery.

Eagleview/Pictometry
    These guys are already flying post disaster coverage in the US and can match and if not better NEA's speed. There normal coverage may not be as often as NEA plan but I'm sure they repsond if they feel NEA is a threat to them.

http://www.eagleview.com/Products/ImageSolutionsAnalytics/PictometryImagery.aspx

Their webite is worth a looksee.

NEA does have some advantages to them, mainly being from what I can tell ease of use and offering up free access to start with might help them scalp a few potential peeps that arn't already using Eagleview/Pictometry. Anyways not a cake walk.

So while we might still go higher from here, some of the blue sky out of the park sp price figures some have been touting IMO ain't going to happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.