DJS 0.00% $3.99 david jones limited

FOODCHAIN BRISK TRADE, page-3

1. 258 Posts.
    As a regular customer at St Kilda Foodchain, and prior to that at Brighton, the staff there tell me that St Kilda is the busiest in the evening, and that even though the customers don't buy a lot of groceries, the average spend is quite high. Two fresh pre-prepared dinners, a tub of salad and a bottle of wine roughly $50 (depending on the wine, of course). St Kilda has no other supermarkets in walking distance if you just want to grab a few items. It also gets a lot of walk in business as the lightrail stops at its door, so if you want a good indication of business, watch it at about 6pm, packed to the rafters.
    Brighton on the other hand, is consistently busy throughout the day, and drops off at night. People there also buy less of the pre-prepared meals and more premuim ingredients for entrees and cooking.

The only problem I find is that their fish is either really fresh or it's not, if you know what I mean. They probably only buy every few days.

I think these stores will be a success, but they need to be targeted very carefully. This is maybe why parramatta is being closed.

dbmroadster

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DJS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.