CTO 0.00% 0.4¢ citigold corporation limited

Gentlemen, I really don't see what monthly updates on production...

1. 29 Posts.
    Gentlemen, I really don't see what monthly updates on production and costs will prove when the results will be poor! How will this help shareholders or even potential shareholders? And what's with all these crocodile tears?

CTO has disappointed investors since it's inception. There never seems to be a short supply of 'wet behind the ears' type investors that are willing to hand cash over to these people. Sure, 'trading' it is one thing, but to believe the story.....well that is another story altogether.

Well respected finance journalist Trevor Sykes, who wrote articles for the Australian Financial Review, The Bulletin and Australian Business Magazine since 1972 had a particular dislike for CTO and the Lynch family.

Here is Alan Kohler introducing Trevor before an interview:
    "Well, for almost 40 years, Trevor Sykes has been sniffing around behind the curtains of corporate Australia, writing incisive and entertaining musings on booms and busts, shonks and, well actually, mostly shonks to be honest."

Here is some of Trevor's 'work' on CTO from the AFR between 1995 until 2005. He has had previous work but these are from the AFR only. There are 5 articles under the heading - CHARTERS TOWERS GOLD MINES
    1.Charters Towers seeks fat Santas
    2.How Traveland got soaked in FOGI dew
    3.Charters Towers gets a tax break
    4.Guess what fell off a truck this week?
    5.Towers old-timers were not so silly

For me, this quote from "Charters Towers seeks fat Santas" article sums up the whole operation:
    "To any innocent toddler around the financial markets, a 12 per cent note backed by a $100 million company sitting on 15 million ounces of gold might well seem like an offering straight from Santa and his elves.

But unless you believe that fat men can slide down chimneys without even picking up a speck of soot, it may be better to take a closer look at this offering."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $4K 1M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 2802508 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 9556171 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.