TLS 0.28% $3.62 telstra group limited

for bigpond users

1. 395 Posts.
    if you are no longer on a fixed contract I recommend you check the latest pricing and switch to a new plan, Telstra will not advise that your old plan is now available at a cheaper rate they will just keep charging you as before....they are a top company in that respect

for my part I am switching to iiNet and thus far they have proven far superior to deal with. I am switching because BigpondADSL is shared with my business fax line and an ADSL software upgrade at our exchange shut down both ADSL and the fax, meaning my business was completely cut off for a number of days, until Telstra finally resolved the issue. Since then I have been looking into other ISPs.

Another thing about Bigpond is they charge for excess usage whereas many other ISPs simply slow access once you reach the limit so you will not be charged extra. TLS takes any opportunity to rip off their loyal customers and I for one am fed up with it.

=======================================

BigPond to deliberately overcharge customers
    Simon Wright | 2004-Feb-28, 11:15 pm | Telstra
    Telstra will continue charging customers $69.95 for their unlimited cable plan unless they specifically ask to be moved to the new $59.95 price.

The two prices are for exactly the same plan; the only difference in the $59.95 plan is that it is $10 cheaper and currently being advertised.

However, if customers don't know about the price drop and ask to be changed to the new price, Telstra will continue charging at the $69.95 rate indefinitely.

When Whirlpool asked why Telstra would deliberately overcharge customers when it could simply drop pricing for all customers on the $69.95 plan, BigPond's Managing Director Justin Milne replied: "Customers are free to swap to any plan new or old anytime they like. We're not force migrating them down nor will we force migrate them up if the price goes up."

Worryingly, telephone billing staff seem to be confused over the issue. Some Whirlpool users have been told their plan pricing will drop automatically from 1 March. Mr Milne's comment contradicts this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.64 $3.65 $3.62 $65.42M 18.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1092958 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 167188 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.