Cheers Geoff and Natalie Yes thanks Natalie, may take advantage...

1. 4,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Cheers Geoff and Natalie Yes thanks Natalie, may take advantage of something like that, I know there is an organisation I think it is guide dogs where you have a pup in the formative stages, then after some weeks have passed you return, very difficult particuarly at night for he was a great companion we both in the early hours of the morning go for walks, not being in the traditional workforce I make my own hours and we had got into a pattern of exploring the local area together.
    The awful thing is if I go out walking on my own is passing different areas where we have been and then thinking of him, there isn't a park a tree or a footpath I pass where I can't mentally envisage the sight of him, for 7 years we were inseperable if I got up he got up, if I sat down he sat down, even on the computer he used to lie under the desk with his snooter resting on my one of my feet. For seven years I talked to him all the time, he was quite simply the best pal Ive ever had. (lol) In relationship breakdown I can quite simply say, that if I had not have had Hamlet, I wouldn't have been able to cope. Ive become quite a spiritual person and still sense his presence, we shall meet again when I die, till then he has a special spot in my heart.
    With ex partner Anne, Geoff I found the only thing that helps in the end is to completely let go and realise we had a season together of almost a decade and in that time we had plenty of happy moments together, we shared a laugh and a giggle, we went and saw the "Titanic" together and both of us came out of the theatre reaching for our handkerchiefs,
    At the end of the day fate determined that we were not to have any more than a season.
    It is very tempting to feel bitter and at first I was, now I just simply wish her the best and if she meets someone else, I hope she finds happiness, I hope in the years to come she too can look back and remeber some of the happy times we had together without focussing on the negative experiences. The only actual residual feeling I feel there is, that I worry about her and am concerned (without sounding chauvinistic) for her and have got my fingers crossed and my legs crossed that she carves out a succesful future for herself, I have no malice or ill feeling whatsoever, quite the opposite.
    Cheers,--BK.
    ------------------------------------------------------

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.