RFG 1.49% 6.6¢ retail food group limited

For holders only - reasons to hold?, page-12

1. 5,092 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 404
    @madamswer. Couldnt agree with you more, and your analysis of that farcical comment about the banks being responsible for the demise of RFG. The really frightening thing is that the sound and reliable analysis requested by a poster, got a response from @Achilles saying if you think its going to go down, sell and then buy again if it goes up !!! This is from someone who has been advocating a buy on the stock since the high twos, and who has said that he will still be buying at 80 cents ! The amount owed to the banks (and I dont know how many would be in the pool of lenders) is insignifcant compared to the penalities imposed on the CBA bank by ASIC. Dont kid yourself, if the banks have a look at RFG under the microscope and decide they dont like what they see, they could if they wanted to, wipe off the debt, and not even sneeze, let alone get a cold ! No doubt they would have some of the assets secured, but as I see it, most of the assets of RFG are largely intangible.... and, when it comes down to it, assets are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. That goes for ANY asset sale. I havent got a crystal ball and I dont know anyone who has, so no-one except the management of RFG and the banks, really knows the future of RFG. But I know one thing, I wouldnt be dipping a toe in the water until the dust settles..... and I certainly wouldnt be putting my money in a place where I wouldnt be prepared to put my toe !
    An opinion only, no advice intended and please read my disclaimer below.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.