this thread is for discussion by investors only...its not...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    this thread is for discussion by investors only...its not relevant to fhb camp or non property ...I hate housing camps groups....

with the councils and state govt all along the coasts of Australia... not allowing new development along the coast...due to their fantasy about seas rising....
    a smart investor looking for bay side property, should buy existing houses....they will rise in value...because that is all that will be available for the future, or as long as this rule stays...that stock has a level...no more stock available...
    I must admit seeing clips of erosion by the sea of elite properties, front or back yards being washed away...is confronting......but then if the place is worth a million or 10 million...I would be urging councils to put up a sea wall to protect my expensive house....or I would do it...

the other alternative is to go inland, near water for your beachfront property...no worries about sea levels rising...
    and because I know Albury....there is the huge Hume Dam....its 300klms in circumference....predominately owned by farmers....but with tourist accommodation and private houses dotted around in certain locations....
    or there is Yarrawonga an hour away in Vic, that was building and accommodating buyers looking for a house on the water....
    or go to the tiny town of Jerilderie, about 1.5 hours drive from Albury, with its huge man made lake in the middle of town...
    or just look around your area, for either a river or lake...and look at whats available, or what could be done in the future...
    the droughts broken in central Nsw and Vic....all old bets are off....its a whole new ball game up there again....
    last short drought in that area that I can recall was for less than a year in 1978...this last one started about 1998...or 1990 depending on the area....this last one was like a 100 year event....expect a smaller one year drought about every 20 years....
    its a rosy picture....and loads of city people are out there now, after discovering its a different world to the city rat race...
    I am inviting property investors to come back and discuss ideas ....but not get involved with arguing with the other crowd...lets keep the forum relevant...
    if we leave it to the other crowd...the forum will die...
    we need the forum broken up into sub forums...one for us and one for them...
    there are lots of ideas and discussions property people can share...and should be able to, without the thread being hijacked by the others...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.