for resource -warning very long post, page-3

1. 5,732 Posts.
    Satellite data is showing an upward trend just as are all the other global temperature anomaly data sets (I recall someone here mistakenly thought otherwise).

benbradley's chart highlights the fact that the temperature is rising using a satellite data set (the one in my post showed the same trend using surface-based thermometers).

You can easily see that the lows are getting higher and the highs are getting higher as time goes by. And that the recent temperatures (right hand side) are higher than the temperatures a couple of decades ago as shown by the shaded portions.

Because that chart is monthly data without smoothing, it has a lot of noise in it. Here is another chart of satellite derived temperatures from RSS - plotted on woodfortrees.org. This chart is the 12 month running mean of monthly temps (green) and the 36 month running mean of monthly temperatures (red).

These show the longer term trend even more clearly, especially the longer running mean (which smooths to some extent the extremes of La Ninas and El Ninos).  

Click the chart for a larger image or go here to woodfortrees.org and have a play with the data yourself.

The second chart in my original post shows all the data sets with some of the natural fluctuation removed (ie ENSO etc), which shows how close the various surface thermometer and satellite data sets are.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.