TLS 0.28% $3.63 telstra group limited

for sale

1. 4,086 Posts.
    G'day,

I'm a little surprised that there has been no commentary on the effect (from an investment point of view) of the Governments proposing legislation to sell the remaining 51% of Telstra.

Yes, I know that it was inevitable but this brings it in from "sometime" to "in the forseeable future".

Now, I have not followed TLS closely for a couple of years now so there are no doubt those here that can offer more informed conclusions but here are a thought or two of mine that may well get the dicussion going.

Would I be wrong in thinking that someone interested in "buy and hold" should look look very closely at taking a decent position in TLS? The key to this, of course, is the fact that the Government have said that even if they get the legislation through then they will not sell untill the price is better. Pretty obvious, I would have thought that therefore the Government will be doing everything it can over the next couple of years to push the price upwards.

I would think that it would be quite conceiveable to see therefore a 40% to 50% increase in the stock price of TLS over the next two to three years. That's not a bad return for a "lazy" investment. And of course there are dividends too.

If, as I do, you think that the bull is stamping his feet, snorting and ready to rage then that would of course add additional impetus to any price rise in TLS.

Of course they are going to have a battle getting it through the Senate but with such a high popularity rating it is conceivable that they may even risk a DD on this or other matters. And then, of course, they have foreshadowed the possibility of using a Joint Sitting to resolve such matters...

Okay, shoot me down. I can take it. :)

I dont hold TLS in any form.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.63
Change
0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.94B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.65 $3.65 $3.61 $75.99M 20.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 297230 $3.63

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.64 334206 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.