CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

for solarfeen, why cxy puts cgv to shame.

1. 3,964 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    CXY's main focus has been Kingaroy as you know, with ignition this month. What about CGV, I know they have some acreage in QLD and just signed a drilling contract for Biloela, yet they recently pulled out and turned away of QLD yeah? If they think commercial UCG is unlikely in QLD why did they in there next ANN appoint a drilling contract to drill UCG holes there? Bit confusing? Well their words mate not mine. What have CGV achieved aside from 'plans' and 2 Mou's anyway?

Of course CXY has 'plans' too:

"Even if only 10% of the Designated Areas proves to be suitable for the UCG process, the coal mineralization exploration target base for a drilling program would be of the order of 800 ? 1,200 million tonnes * with potential gas production energy content of about 10,000 PJ, or sufficient energy to supply a 1000 MW power station for 200 years."

Aside from plans they have in Victoria progessed:-

1.Signed an MOU with ergo exergy for the use of its proprietry UCG technology on all of its projects.

2.Defined a number of areas in the coal licence more suitable for UCG

3. Accessed, digitised and searched all relevant past Geological and historial drilling data to define suitable thickness and depth.

4.Entered negotiations to formalize a J/V with ignite energy

5. Formalized the J/V agreement with ignite energy with exploration and drilling set to commence immediately after the signing in order to develop the appropriate feasibility studies.

6. Signed a 10,000,000 equity financing agreement to fund it's existing projects.

The company as a WHOLE has actually been quite busy as a which would expect of a company what has many projects on the go and is not simply a blow in wannabe newbie.

CXY has since-

expanded it's energy interests in UCG into India

Through drilling achieved a JORC compliant resource at Kingaroy which involved 32 drill holes to depths of 328m per hole. Including obtaining geophysical logging of all drill holes.

Signed an agreement with Cockatoo Coal to obtain its interest in the Kingaroy UCG project area

Commenced a successful drilling campaign at Wandoan with drilling holes intersecting coal seams. The success deemed it appropriate to plan 25 more drill holes in 2009.

JORCED Wandoan with better than expected resource size. All 10 drill holes intersected the Mcalister coal seam.

Installed first 3 process wells at Kingaroy.

Successfully completed air linkage testing at Kingaroy

Awarded a construction contracted to an Engineering firm to build the Kingaroy site

Obtained mineral F permit (something I believe CGV failed to do and subsequently they shot through to Vic with tail between their legs).

Major works undertaken at Kingaroy with the site now fully established and all equipment delivered.

Signed a 30 year power supply agreement with Ergon exergy for the Kingaroy site.

Assembled the gas processing plant and had/ formed a community consultation/committee.

Signed a new MOU for a coal thar project in Pakistan, drilled 41 holes with all holes intercepting good coal seams

Signed an MOU with DI for UCG projects in China and Mongolia. Commenced initial project discussions with a Chinese company.

Hired 5 new staff who together have 105 years of industry experience with staff having previously worked for : Anglo gold, world bank, ADB, BP, RIO Tinto, Anglo coal, and Arrow energy.

Signed a J/V with Australia Petroleum for Methane production from their Wandoan project.

I'm sorry mate but CXY just puts CGV to shame! It's not too late though Sf i'm sure after you've read this you're impressed and can see alot of upside here, it's still a bargain-go with the real McCoy is a much better strategy than gambling on the new kid in town. Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.