GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Why stop there...you can't eat or drink petroleum/oil, iron,zinc...

1. 383 Posts.
    Why stop there...
    you can't eat or drink petroleum/oil, iron,zinc (metals generally), share certificates, currency, YELLOWCAKE/uranium,diamonds/precious gems...
    ..the list is endless. It's all somewhat irrelevant and pointless. Governments can and do confiscate land and property; ask any white farmer in Zimbabwe or anyone from Darfur?(Sudan)or any Palestinian - another endless list.
    pepper, salt & even tulips have had their day in the sun but gold has always been prized in every civilisation; even in isolated civilisations such as the Incas.
    that story sounds wonderful - so cosy and lovely but oh so very unrealistic...great hippy stuff but I would rather be an
    "irrational" gold bug than go bush just in case the world as we know it comes to an end.
    Are you saying that we should all leave the big cities, buy some land and farm it??? there is no perfect investment and no perfect way of life.One last point; I originate from a farming community in rural England and if you think that living off the land is easy then you are VERY much mistaken. you sound like a typical "townie".....NFI.......that silly story is just far too simplistic

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.