Yeah , same here . I find that this happens almost every year ....

1. 36,460 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Yeah , same here . I find that this happens almost every year . The last two years the excuse has been that they had a major software upgrade and that some of policies may have been changed . This year it turns out the previous person had some of the details wrong i.e. a higher level of cover .
    A few years ago they accidentally added contents cover to my landlord policies and so it goes on .

An interesting one was my car policy . It was new one year ago and the offer you a 2 year new car replacement policy . They make it sound as if it's free . In reality , you are paying for it . Getting that taken off dropped the premium by 35% .

I have no doubt that these things are part of a strategy . It seems the more loyal you are , the more they take advantage . Especially if you don't check your renewals . It's a pain in the arse but it's well worth investing the time in the phone call . This most recent one took around 40 mins and saved me $1100 !

My advice is to ring the insurance co and go through all the options . Excess amount , level of cover , even the details of the property . It's amazing how much you can save .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.