PEN 2.38% 10.8¢ peninsula energy limited

for those in need of a laugh today...

1. 455 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244
    Hi All,

First of all nothing uploaded to ADAMS overnight re PEN (that's the high content part of this post)!

Secondly, cheapcharlie as you predicted the Dow would drop 500pts last night, could you gaze into your crystal ball and tell us when the DFS is coming out?

But why I'm really here is to share the below article - the headline says it all. I might email Gus and see if we can sign an offtake agreement with this guy.

Cheers all, Krypto
    -----------------------------------------------------------

MAN TRIES TO BUILD NUKE REACTOR IN KITCHEN

Updated August 05, 2011 09:52:50

A Swedish man who tried to build a nuclear reactor in his kitchen says he started the experiment "just for fun".

Richard Handl, 31, from Aengelholm municipality in south-western Sweden, was detained by police two weeks ago and says he started the project as a hobby.

"I have always been interested in nuclear physics and particle physics," he said.

In May, he launched an English-language blog, Richard's Reactor, in which he charted his progress in the project, complete with pictures.

His plan was "to build a working nuclear reactor. Not to gain electricity, just for fun and to see if it's possible to split atoms at home."

Just to make sure everything was above board, he sent an email to Sweden's Radiation Safety Authority.

"Hi! I'm really interested in nuclear physics and radiation," he wrote.

"As a hobby, I have ... gathered the basic materials (and) planned a project to build a very primitive nuclear reactor. You can see my plans here," he added, complete with a link to his blog.

"I'm now wondering if I am breaking a law with this?" he asked in the email.

At that point, his experiment came to an abrupt end.

Two days later "the police and the radiation safety authority came to my apartment," Mr Handl said.

Police questioned him for about half an hour, before releasing him, he said.

Mr Handl's blog can be found at http://richardsreactor.blogspot.com.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Article can be found at: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-05/swedish-kitchen-nuke-reactor/2825356

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.8¢
Change
0.003(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $342.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $1.112M 10.48M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
56 6821643 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 7193347 56
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.24pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.