3DP 2.38% 4.3¢ pointerra limited

For Those Who Care To Listen

1. 5,532 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2682
    Thought I'd revisit the recent interview GF put up.

At 7.20 Finola asked about the upcoming launch of the data marketplace, 3DinsightA.I.

Sometimes I find it's easy to miss the importance of what is being said. Sometimes it's better to read.

Here Ian explains the rationale behind 3DinsightA.I. how big and important it is for Pointerra, and how they are pioneering an entirely new market for 3D LIDAR data.

Here's the transcript:

Ian:'What I can say with certainty is that LIDAR has been generated globally for the past 20 years in the commercial sector, mostly from fixed-wing aircraft. Most of the mapping companies, particularly here in the US, but also to some extent in Australia have had a crack at creating a market place for that data.

What we've learned in our short journey as a business is that the data isn't what people want. What they want is the answer. They want the insight.

So to some extent if you give people a pile of LIDAR data you're giving them a bigger problem. Most customers, if you push hard enough and ask what problem they are trying to solve, you get to the nub of the problem.

And the nub of the problem they say is, I need the data but only to answer this problem.

We know there is tons and tons and tons of data, mostly from aircraft and mobile sources, and most of it is used for a single purpose and then discarded.

What we know and what the mapping companies know and what most of our customers know instinctively is that the data, if you get it in the right platform in a cloud environment where it's easy to access and adjacent to high-speed on-demand compute, and you've got the right algorithms to query the data then you can potentially re-purpose it.

The partnership we've got with a global vehicle mapping company is a case in point.

They've got a database for a ton of their different data products but we are the first vendor or organization that's come to them and said, we don't actually want to sell the data, we want to analyze the data and sell insight gained from that data to our customers.

I've said before to you and others that care to listen that we think 3Dinsight will be, if we execute that part of the business properly, should be a bigger business than Pointerra,

because we are actually creating the ability for people who have paid a ton of money to generate data for their own needs, and turn it onto information for their own needs, we're giving them the opportunity to recover some of their cost of investment by giving access to that data to 3rd parties for Pointerra to be able to ask a question of it.

In doing so we are making sure that data sovereignty is preserved, making sure that their data isn't being dispersed to the four corners of the earth, and being very disciplined around what people can do other than just look at the data.

I think that part of the business model where we are actually saying this isn't just about clip and ship, we're saying with 3Dinsight there's a different source of data here that's on-demand, that is being regularly updated by different mapping partners, be they aerial or mobile.

One of our partners is Aerometrix. They are one of the bigger LIDAR capture companies in the country.

So again, doing licensing deals with the owners of that data and them marketing a subscription based approach to local authorities, to engineering firms, to State and Government agencies, to insurance companies, is where 3Dinsight is going.

With this in mind, it's worthwhile going back and re-reading some of the quarterly updates where 3DinsightA.I is discussed.

This from the September Update:

Enabled via the maturity of Pointerra’s DaaS business model, the Company has always contemplated and planned for the creation of a marketplace for 3D data and on-demand, analytics-driven asset management insight.

Recent growth in hosted data coupled with changing attitudes by the Company’s customers towards allowing access to proprietary data to provide insight to 3rd parties under a revenue share business model has accelerated this opportunity to the point where Pointerra is now ready to launch the marketplace in Australia and the US.

During August the Company helped Aerometrex Limited (ASX:AMX) launch their MetroMap LiDAR offering (https://metromap-lidar.pointerra.io) with Pointerra providing both data hosting and payment gateways to support Aerometrex’s ambitions.

As part of this type of platform licensing arrangement, Pointerra will also offer the customer’s data for sale on Pointerra’s marketplace, augmented by a range of Pointerra’s proprietary analytics, to provide marketplace customers the ability to purchase instant 3D asset management insight in addition to data purchase and download via the “clip-and-ship” capability.

The Company is working with existing survey and mapping customers and partners as well as asset owner customers in Australia and the US to secure data marketplace license agreements for a range of terrestrial, mobile and aerial 3D datasets for deployment to Pointerra’s marketplace platform.

From this we can see that Ian is not only executing to plan, in the bigger scheme of things he is only just getting started.

Much, much more to come here, which IMO is reflected in the increasing strength of the SP.

Ian has been very clear where Pointerra is going. It's all laid out for everyone to see, if they care to listen.

Seems to me the market is finally listening to what he has been saying.

With apologies for the lengthy post, just though it was worth saying.

PS When Ian says 3DinsightA.I. should be a bigger business than Pointerra, what does that actually mean?

Something to think about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
0.001(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $31.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.3¢ 4.2¢ $840 19.75K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 106132 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 19813 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.32pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.2¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.2¢ 4.2¢ 4.2¢ 1115
Last updated 15.38pm 30/04/2024 ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.